Cranston TMO is firmly committed to promoting the principles of equality and diversity in all its services and operations and dealings with its residents, members, suppliers, contractors, employees and the public.
Cranston TMO wholeheartedly supports the principles of equal opportunities and we seek to ensure that the association respects and includes everyone and that no one is treated less favourably on the grounds of gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, religion, religious belief, age, disability or race (which includes colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins).
Cranston also recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing a working environment that is free from any form of discrimination and victimisation on any grounds.
Any form of discrimination or victimisation is neither acceptable nor tolerable. Cranston TMO will treat seriously all complaints of discrimination or victimisation made by its residents, members, suppliers, contractors, employees and the public or other third parties and will take action where appropriate.
All employees and those who act on Cranston TMO behalf are required to adhere to this statement when undertaking their duties or when representing Cranston TMO in any other guise.
Our vision of a fair and just society
We are creating an inclusive community and a society where:
- People are treated with dignity and respect
- Inequalities are challenged
- We anticipate, and respond positively to, different needs and circumstances so that everyone can achieve their potential
Our equality and diversity principles
- We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.
- We believe that discrimination or exclusion based on individual characteristics and circumstances, such as age; disability; caring or dependency responsibilities; gender or gender identity; marriage and civil partnership status; political opinion; pregnancy and maternity; race, colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; socio-economic background; trade union membership status or other distinctions, represents a waste of talent and a denial of opportunity for self-fulfilment.
- We recognise that patterns of under-representation and differences in outcomes at Cranston TMO can be challenged through positive action programmes.
- We respect the rights of individuals, including the right to hold different views and beliefs. We will not allow these differences to be manifested in a way that is hostile or degrading to others.
- We expect commitment and involvement from all our staff, students, partners and providers of goods and services in working towards the achievement of our vision.